Pages

5 October 2013

Second FPV distance test. After the failed first FPV distance test I go again to try in a flatter terrain to avoid as much obstacles as possible.

This tests make me really nervous! When I start having some noise on the video I start trembling thinking that at any time the screen of the goggles can become white and crash, and probably lost, the equipment.

On this ocassion, I successfully covered 1550 meters without having too much noise on video. I'm pretty sure I could have continued for a bit more, but from that distance I was not able to hear the voltage alarm, so I prefered to come back save and sound!! :)


I would like to time it next time, I'm insterested of knowing the speed the quad can reach.

Setup:

Frame Whirlwind FY450
BL-2830/11 1000kv rotors
20A SK ESC
10x4.5 Plastic HK propellers
KK2 controller board
GoPro H3 black, 1080x60, N FOV
3300mAh 3S 20C battery
Turnigy 9XR transmitter
FrSKY V8FR-II receiver
Fatshark FPV camera
Fatshark Predator goggles
ImmersionRC 600mw Tx
1000mAh 3S 20C battery for video Tx
Plastic landing gear

No comments:

Post a Comment