Pages

15 September 2013

Predator goggles and GPH3 FPV aerial footage

V004. Recording date: 12-09-2013

Re-edited video, sorry about the quality. This is my first FPV aerial footage using the Fatshark Predator goggles and the ImmersionRC 600mw Tx, with Spironet antennas and the FPV fatshark camera. I'm impressed about the feeling of flighing with the feet on the ground. This is one of the most amazing things ever! I use a 1000mAh 3S 20C for the video tx, having more than an hour of battery life.

I've put a 7cm light wood extension on the front of the quad so I can bring the camera forward and solve the problem of propellers on camera. I also try not to record on wide FOV for this reason and to get the more realistic view.

I'm using the GoPro Hero 3 Black for recording (the H3+ already on the market!), which is much lighter and it allows you to test live on your mobile device if the camera is pointing correctly with the WiFi function. However, I don't recommend to flight with the WiFi activated because of the interferences it might cause, in my case the rotors suddenly stopped and I crashed the quad. There's plenty of discussion on the forums about this topic. I've never used the WiFi while flying since then, and never happened it to me again.

Recorded at sunset, I still have to learn how to setup the camera for better quality footage with low light.


Setup:

Frame Whirlwind FY450
BL-2830/11 1000kv rotors
20A SK ESC
10x4.5 Plastic HK propellers
KK2 controller board
GoPro H3 black, 1080x60, N FOV
3300mAh 3S 20C battery
Turnigy 9XR transmitter
FrSKY V8FR-II receiver
Fatshark FPV camera
Fatshark Predator goggles
ImmersionRC 600mw Tx
1000mAh 3S 20C battery for video Tx
Plastic landing gear

No comments:

Post a Comment