Pages

11 March 2014

Maiden flight with Naza M Lite with GPS

I forgot the GoPro microSD card at home so I don't have any video to show you today!

I have tried first without the gimbal and the camera, just in case the Naza does some funny things and I end up crashing the quad and braking any of them. I have calibrated the compass, no problems at all, and waited until the green light indicates more than 6 satellites have been found.
  • Manual mode: It seems to fly ok. I've never used this mode yet, I don't feel confident at all!
  • Atti mode: It feels to me that the flight is really good. I've noticed that the quad keeps the direction with no yaw apparently. I had this issue with the KK2 before, and had to be correcting it with the TX all the time. 
  • Atti GPS mode: I can't complain at all! Flying with this mode is not as aggressive as atti, but you release the sticks and the quad remains in that position, even if it's windy. 
  • Course Lock: After you plug your battery in, it takes about 30 seconds or maybe less to automatically record the nose position. So when you activate Course Lock, no matter the position of the quad is, that you only have to think on that starting position. It's a bit confusing but you get used to it in no time.
  • Home Lock: Be aware that you have to be further than 10 mts from the TX in order of having this feature working. No matter where the quad is or the nose position, It will come to you once you bring it backwards with the TX. Notice that it will enter into Course Lock one the quad is less than 10 mts from you.
  • Return To Home: I accidentally tried this feature, because my TX ran out of battery. I had this beep warning me about it but I thought I had more time for flying. It is fantastic! It should have been a crash without the Naza. Instead, the quad went up 20 mts, came to the vertical where I was, started descending slowly, and it gently and smoothly landed. Wow. I am impressed! 
  • Voltage protection: I had it ON the first time. It works fine, when you have not enough battery it lands itself (in atti or atti GPS modes). But in my opinion it does it really soon, even if you set up the parameters as you want. I was used before to the voltage alarm connected directly to the battery, so I've switched this feature off and I land when it starts beeping, giving me a bit more of flight time.
  • Remote gain settings: I haven't noticed any change on the quad behavior when I've modified the gains... I'll test it better next time!
Be aware not to fly close to power line towers. At least in my case, as soon as I got closer (less than 120 mts), the quad started doing weird things (atti and atti gps), loosing a bit of control. It seems to enter into failsafe but I'm not sure what is going on...

And just for your information, fully loaded (FPV and battery, gimbal and battery, GoPro = 1.8kg) and using the 4000mAh Turnigy battery, I had 8.5 minutes of flight time. I went up to 10 minutes with the 5000mAh one.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Jennylicious!! You can watch the latest videos :)

    ReplyDelete