Pages

5 July 2013

The real quadcopter arrives!

After surfing the web during a couple of months, reading information about multicopters in forums, I decide to go for a bigger quadcopter and start practicing with the goal of recording video and taking pictures from the air.

I think this field requires a lot of knowledge if you want to build your own quadcopter. At least for me, it seems impossible at this point!!! So I contacted a local store and bought the quad already builded. It is really basic, but I want it for practicing and not worrying too much for the crashes.

Quadcopter with KK2

BL 2830/11 1000kv motors

This is the setup:

Frame Whirlwind FY450
BL-2830/11 1000kv rotors
20A SK ESC
10x4.5 Plastic HK propellers
KK2 controller board
3 x 2600mAh 3S 20C battery
1 x 3300mAh 3S 20C battery

I have bought the Turnigy 9XR transmitter and the FrSKY V8FR-II receiver from Hobbyking. It is not the most reliable transmitter, of course, but some people told me it is really good to get into RC without spending lot of money at the first place.

The guy at the store configured the transmitter, so I just had to connect everything in order to fly. Easy!

Turnigy 9XR transmitter
 FrSKY module and V8FR-II receiver

I have the V680AC sinchronous balance charger/discharger (specifications here). I really like this one, easy to use and reliable.

V680AC sinchronous balance charger/discharger

Let's fly now!!! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment