Pages

12 July 2013

Anti-vibration solution with ear plugs

I've experienced lots of vibrations and jello on camera. There's a lot of discussion about this issue on forums. Every part of the multicopter counts for having more or less vibrations or jello. Also the settings of the GoPro have to be taken into account.

I've tried to fly with the camera directly on the quadcopter, but all the motor vibrations are directly transmitted to the camera. I haven't got any video of this part, the result was really bad so I just deleted it :p For this flight, I put a bit of foam around the camera:

quadcopter foam around GoPro Hero 2
quadcopter foam around GoPro Hero 2

So after that I read that ear plugs go well and solve part of this vibrations and jello effect. I've to say that I'm recording in 720 and 30fps, wide FOV, but I've no video of this part neither :(.

quadcopter ear plugs under GoPro Hero 2
quadcopter ear plugs under GoPro Hero 2
quadcopter ear plugs under GoPro Hero 2

I was not happy with the results... still lots of vibrations!!!

But I love that views from the air :)

No comments:

Post a Comment