Pages

15 January 2014

Pitch control test and GPH3 FPV aerial

V009. Recording date: 12-01-2014

On this occasion, I've replaced the Turnigy 9XR transmitter for the Futaba 8FG Super with the R6208SB receiver. Is not that the Turnigy is giving me any trouble (maybe interferences with GPH3 WiFi https://vimeo.com/84377244?), but as I'm improving the equipment of the quad, I preffer to control it with a more reliable transmitter. This radio is excellent, and the settings are so easy and quick to configure. The transmission between the radio and the receiver is much faster with the Futaba, you can definitely feel this when flying.

I have also conected the pitch control of the Tarot T-2D gimbal to one free channel of the receiver, so now I can turn the camera face down using the right slider of the radio. I'm also transmitting the FPV video directly from the GoPro, so I can see exaclty what I'm recording. It takes a while until getting used to FPV trough the camera while it's being stabilized by the gimbal, as you loose reference of the quad position.

I replaced the plastic propellers with carbon fiber ones, so they won't brake on air, and they can help holding the weight (1.7kg) of the quad. I've noticed though, that some turbulences are created when descending vertically unless I do it really slow, or while moving it in any direction.

If you wonder about the crash at the end of the video... I connected the voltage alarm to the gimbal battery instead to the main one!! So it did not have power enought to hold the falling. Just minor damage, but happened to me twice already :O

The video might be a bit boring :) but it's just a test of the pitch control.


Setup:

Frame Whirlwind FY450
BL-2830/11 1000kv rotors
20A SK ESC
10x4.5 Carbon fiber propellers
KK2 controller board
GoPro H3 black, 1080x60, N FOV
3300mAh 3S 20C battery
Futaba 8FG Super Transmitter
Futaba R6208SB receiver
Fatshark FPV camera
Fatshark Predator goggles
ImmersionRC 600mw Tx
1000mAh 3S 20C battery for video Tx
Gimbal Tarot T-2D
500mAh 3S 20C battery for gimbal
Plastic landing gear

No comments:

Post a Comment