Pages

2 January 2014

Replacing the Turnigy 9XR by the Futaba 8FG Super

December 2013. The display of my Turnigy 9XR suddenly stopped working one or two months ago, meaning I was not able to do any aditional configuration, or able to move the pitch of the Tarot T-2D brushless gimbal.

I complained to HK about this faulty display, and they sent me back another 9XR for free. However I had to pay tolls, bad luck! Anyway, I´ll keep this new radio for future video purposes.

I´ve purchased a Futaba 8FG Super. Why? Well, I can´t say for sure that I suffered a quad signal lost because of the GoPro Hero 3 WiFi. But as you are adding electronics to the multicopter you preffer to control it with a more reliable transmitter. As there´s a lot of discussions about this, at the end you choose what it works for you...

I didn´t use radio settings before this radio, and I was worried about how to configure it with the KK2 of the quadcopter! But it is really easy to do if following the instructions manual. The speed of the controller signal is also much faster than with the Turnigy, and you really can feel this while flying.

Futaba 8FG Super
Futaba 8FG Super menu

It comes with the Futaba receiver R6208SB

Futaba receiver R6208SB

You can also check this video in order of configuring some KK2 parameters related with the transmitter.

Futaba 8FG Super features and drivers here.




No comments:

Post a Comment